Friday, January 2, 2009

Weekly Challenge #2

I know, I know… This is more like the Week 3 ½ challenge but since it is the second challenge to be issued, I’ll call it Challenge #2 or something like that. Our winter drive up north made it difficult to keep up with my blog but now that we’re back home here in the land of palm trees and receptive souls, I’ll try to get back to regular posting. 

Reminder: Challenge #1 was to memorize the first two lines of Anna’s Presentation and start to pray regularly to be led to receptive souls. 

If you have managed to win the goals of the first challenge, now is definitely not the time to rest! Challenge #2 is about using those two lines in Anna’s to speak forthrightly with those people you meet. Praying to be led to receptive souls is one thing but to actively open our mouths and speak out is another even more exigent endeavor. 

The Universal House of Justice said in its Ridván 2008 message, “In their presentation of the message of Baha’u’llah and the exposition of its verities, they have taken to heart the words of Shoghi Effendi that they must neither “hesitate” nor “falter”, neither “overstress” nor “whittle down” the truth which they champion.”

Therefore, the challenge I am laying before myself, and anyone else who cares to join me, is to actually open my mouth and use those two lines of Anna’s that I just memorized. There is no better way to make sure that we are not whittling down or faltering in our mention of the Faith of Baha’u’llah. 

So, pray and have courage and make a point to use the words you now have at the tip of your tongue. And don’t forget to let my know how you’re doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment