Saturday, April 25, 2009

A little more on the Ridvan letter

As I reread the Ridvan letter, I was struck by something that had not connected with me the first time... This was a community... conscious of the role it is destined to play in rebuilding a broken world.

WOW! Can you imagine? Each and every one of us has a role in "rebuilding a broken world."

Therefore, we need to reframe our concept of the teaching work to encompass the idea that the only way to rebuild this broken world is to bring it Baha'u'llah's healing message. This alone should be enough to push us to stretch ourselves a little more... To step out of whatever comfort zone we have created and move beyond what is simply easy to something more profound, meaningful and engaging.

At times, I am proundly saddened by the world as it exists today. I see pictures of suffering children and I am almost moved to inaction by an overwhelming sense of grief. In these moments, just a short prayer can be enough to make me remember that the only remedy is to teach Baha'u'llah's Faith... Remember this and move resolutely forward. This Ridvan season, challenge yourself. Make a move to tell one person, in a direct manner, about the Faith. Let's all of us, together, make little steps; and those 'little steps' will be a giant leap towards the goals of this 5 Year Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment